Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lost and Found

So I left my basketball game last night (we lost.... AGAIN) and when I got home I realized that I had forgot my expensive Patagonia jacket at the gym.

This is not an uncommon thing for me as I have lost shirts, shoes, hats, socks, boxers, glasses, phone's (yes, more than one), belts, watches, a car (similiar to "dude where's my car" the movie), backpack, basketball, retainers, etc.

But this reminded me in particular of a time back in my younger years. I was just a wee forgetful one at the time playing in optimist basketball. My sweet mother had just bought me (like the same day) a fur lined denim jacket. see picture --->

Well practice was over and I ran out to the car gave mom a hug, told her I missed her and we were on our way. Once we arrived home she enquired into the whereabouts of my jacket.

Well...... by the time we got back to the gym it was closed and by the morning the jacket was gone.

That's it. No happy ending except maybe for the Janitors kid who probably had a sweet denim jacket.

XOXO
-Cory

5 comments:

  1. i think my favorite part about your posts is the labels. awesome. classic. great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think my favorite part is the XOXO
    did you get the Patagonia jacket back? or was the janitor's kid happy again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I did that at least three times in middle school and lots of times at West Park. I should have just tied it around my waist the whole time. I guess I was too cool for that..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is that you remember these things that I thought were lost in the wind. And you remember them so sweetly--thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. XOXO

    I knew you loved Gossip Girl!!

    ReplyDelete