Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marathon Do-Over

So... A few days have passed since my debacle of a marathon. I was so upset at my results I didn't want to even get out of bed, but alas I had to. In my head I pictured a Bruce Jenner-esque performance but it really was more like Gail Devers.

I'm not posting this so that everyone can comment on how great it was that I finished. If you feel the need to do that.. Don't. I could have run a 3:56 marathon without even training so it was a big disappointment.

Here is the great thing about life though and why I'm posting at all on this subject:

You always can try again. Life is all about do-over's.

So if there is anything in your life you want to try.. Go for it.

So maybe you fail. It sucks but what if you succeed. That is even better.


Enough of my rambling already!!!! 6 more weeks until my next marathon.

xoxoxo
Cory

2 comments:

  1. well- even though you ran like a turd i am glad you are trying again. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha. I always wondered how fast a turd could run a marathon. Six weeks? You'll nail it then. It you care, I couldn't have run a marathon without training, so that's saying something (just saying!)

    I am excited to see you and katie very soon. All finished and in Tahoe--need a trip up to Alpine this weekend? Sunday is going to be nice and sunny and it is supposed to snow tonight/tomorrow. Ok ok, I'll see you next weekend for sure.

    ReplyDelete